1 T. canola oil
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
2 pounds ground beef
2 T. minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
¼ c. minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 15oz. can petite cut tomatoes
1 15oz. can yellow corn, drained
1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed
2 32oz. cans tomato sauce
2 T. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. oregano
1 t. coriander
2 T. cumin
Juice of 2 limes
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil. Saute chopped onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet, breaking down into smaller pieces until browned. Put the onion-beef mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, minced chipotle peppers, corn, beans, tomato sauce and spices, stirring together.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 5-6 hours. Add in juice of 2 limes last and stir before serving.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, or cornbread.
Freezes well, and tastes even better 2nd day!!